WHAT IS URINARY INCONTINENCE?
Urinary incontinence is a condition in which the person experiences involuntary leakage or urge to urinate. This situation can greatly reduce the quality of life and cause embarrassment. It is caused by weak pelvic floor muscles, nerve damage, an overactive bladder, prostate problems, hormonal changes, and certain medications. It is also common right after pregnancy or at old age.
HIFEM TREATMENT FOR URINARY INCONTINENCE
There is a simple and painless treatment available for this problem – HIFEM (High Intensity Focused Electro Magnetic) Therapy.
It works by delivering high-intensity electromagnetic waves to the pelvic floor muscles, which stimulates the muscles to contract and strengthen.
During a HIFEM treatment session, a specialized device is placed on the pelvic area, which delivers electromagnetic waves to the muscles. The waves penetrate the skin and fat layers and target the pelvic floor muscles, causing them to contract and relax rapidly.
This rapid contraction and relaxation of the pelvic floor muscles results in increased muscle strength and endurance, which can help reduce or eliminate urinary incontinence. The treatment is painless and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Patients can resume their daily activities immediately after the session.
TREATMENT SESSION PLANS
HIFEM technology for urinary incontinence involves 30-minute sessions that are typically given biweekly. The recommended course of treatment usually consists of six sessions.
BENEFITS OF HIFEM TREATMENT FOR URINARY INCONTINENCE
- This is a non surgical treatment, thus it is has no risks or discomfort that come with surgery
- It is non invasive. The treatment is implemented by placing the HIFEM device on the pelvic area. The Electromagnetic waves helps strengthen the pelvis.
- This treatment is completely painless and has no down time. Patients can resume normal activity right after the session.
- It is a highly effective treatment. A single session is equivalent to doing 11000 pelvic floor Kegel exercises.
- It is a cost effective treatment compared to other options such as medication or surgery
- HIFEM is extremely safe and hygienic
- You can remain fully clothed during these sessions, unlike in other treatment options
HOW TO PREPARE FOR HIFEM TREATMENT
We recommend that you wear loose and comfortable clothing instead of something bulky. You should also avoid athletic clothing as it can contain metallic fibers which can interfere with the Electromagnetic therapy. We will also ask you to remove any jewellery, watches, or electronics, near the treatment chair.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR HIFEM TREATMENT
People of all genders and ages are suitable for this treatment except:
• Pregnant women
• People with severe urinary symptoms or prolapse
• Metal implants
• Heart Problems or disorders